I am a gift lost without its bow,
A typical stereotype without being described with the word,
"Typical",
They call me an athlete but think not of what position I play in my sport,
I do not run like a cheetah, or shake the ground with my strong elephant feet,
Most men love the glory and attention,
sign here! sign here!
I rather be the shadow from there backs,
No need to let me be seen,
As long as I succeed, then im happy,
Stop look and keep waving,
As I hide stay quiet and be me,
Be the face on the poster, be where you can be seen,
Because in the end,
My heart is layed out on my sleeve, so no one can ever see past me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thats a awesome poem. Really good impression of how you feel as an athlete and I can totally feel the deep meaning behind it.
ReplyDelete